Here are some links I’m keeping tabs on. Nothing like a new epidemiology trend / pandemic threat to get me back to blogging, which otherwise I have been mightily procrastinating. Readers — what other resources do you recommend? I will update this post as needed.
I am starting to follow this more closely and am interested, how does the spread of this current strain (measured by factors like geographic breadth of spread, rate of spread, mortality) compare to past pandemics, and how relevant is it to compare? I need to do some homework. I am wondering if its time to bust out the viral particle 3M filters I had kept for a rainy day, though that seems premature and a bit paranoid until I have learned more. Thoughts?
- US HHS – http://pandemicflu.gov/
- CDC on twitter – www.twitter.com/cdcemergency
- CDC US Swine Flu page – http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/?s_cid=swineFlu_outbreak_001
- WHO Swine Influenza site – http://www.who.int/csr/disease/swineflu/en/index.html
- Healthmap: healthmap.org
- NY Times, Tracking Swine Flu Cases Worldwide – http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/04/27/us/20090427-flu-update-graphic.html
- Reddit new Swine Flu articles – http://www.reddit.com/search?q=swine+flu&sort=new